Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sewn Collage Cards

I love making these cards!  I have to say, I'm a bit obsessed right now.  I just love how all these bits and pieces of old magazines and scraps of art paper and scrapbooking supplies come together in unexpected ways.  The process is fun and very meditative, from clipping the magazines to gluing the collage to sewing the collage and sewing the cards.  It takes a bit of time, but each step produces a new result and lots of satisfaction.  I used Tyvec envelopes as the collage backing, as it is light but strong.  My sewing machine appreciates that!  I'm thinking of making a few sets and starting up an etsy page...what do you think?













4 comments:

  1. so beautiful, whimsical and creative, Sarah. Seriously, is there anything you don't do well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve! A few of these are on their way to Jill as a little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning... all so well put together! I love sewing paper too.

    ReplyDelete